• How does Marijuana Media Connect work?
Journalists, bloggers, producers, and other members of the media turn to Marijuana Media Connect for help in finding expert sources who can talk about some aspect of the legal marijuana industry. They submit a source request to us, which we forward on to our list of registered experts. If any of them match the request, they reply back and are connected to the writer in need of a source.
• How much does it cost?
Nothing. It’s free all around.
• How do you make money?
To be honest, we don’t. We might start including a small text ad in the future, but for now, this is an enterprise that we’re running simply as a service to the marijuana news industry.
• Why should I register as an expert source?
Because being quoted as a source in a news story helps boost your reputation and advance your business goals. You will help tell the story of legal marijuana and could find your particular point of view put before thousands and even millions of people. Plus, even if you never responded to a single request, just receiving the source request emails will help you keep your finger on the pulse of the marijuana news cycle.
• How do I register as an expert source?
Just click over here and fill out all the required info.
• I’m a journalist/blogger/writer/producer working on a marijuana story. How do I request a source from Marijuana Media Connect?
Just click over here and fill out all required info.
• How often are emails sent out to the list of expert sources?
We will send out requests as they are made, up to a point. If we find the frequency of requests is more than a few a day, we’ll bundle them together in no more than three messages a day.
• I’m a registered expert source. How do I respond to a source request email?
Reply back to the email with a paragraph or two on why you can speak to that particular request.
• What if I know the perfect person for a response but they’re not registered with Marijuana Media Connect?
Please send the request to them! We welcome forwards and shares of source requests, so please think hard about if your personal network could benefit from responding to a source request.
• What kind of source requests are appropriate for Marijuana Media Connect?
We are a service focused the legal marijuana industry. First, and it should go without saying, no source request can involve anything illegal. We’re an above-the-board operation covering the legal industry. Medium doesn’t matter— print, web, video, and audio are all fine.
• Can I pitch writers on story ideas in response to source requests?
• I have a question that’s not answered here. How can I get it answered?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any other questions.